I should take advantage of this time when SD is furiously applying/interviewing for jobs to catch up with her in post number.
Does that make me a bad friend?
Anyhow, today is April 30 which is significant for completely contrived reasons. Specifically, I contrived a plan to be healthy in the month of May. I will officially be drinking only once per week, exercising 3 times a week, abstaining from fried foods, and participating in Meatless Mondays. Here are my reasons, in order of importance.
- Mo money, less problems.
- Resident bearfriend JC is traveling in Europe. Therefore, I have a lot of free time to fill.
- I really don’t like cooking meat. I could probably not cook meat on the same day every week to make myself seem trendier.
- I need to stop drinking alcohol solely because I’m thirsty at a restaurant with a nice (or cheap) booze offering.
- I’ve been steadily gaining weight since sophomore year of college (not a lot, but enough), and it’s time to reverse that trend.
- Swimsuit season?*
- Uh, something about healthy living.
Today is April 30, and it is a Monday, therefore I will be having fried chicken for dinner.
Wish me luck!
*reason #6 contingent upon cooperation with Chicago weather patterns